Sunday 15 May 2011

Washing Your childs Curly/Afro Hair!

Shampooing your child's hair - the tangle-free way ;)


In the last post I said the next post would be on Air-drying or how I blow-dry my DD's hair.

DD = dear daughter (it's forum abreviation please remember!)


Before we get on to that, lets go through my quick Hair washing tips!




Its Sulfate-free!  I dilute this in a separate bottle with a nozzle!
This smells devine!


My shampoo of choice most recently has been Dr Organics, Honey Manuka Shampoo, (above) its sulfate free and relatively mild, I will still dilute it further prior to washing my dd's hair with it.  You can purchase the Dr Organics shampoo and conditioner from your local Holland & Barret store.



Washing the hair...

I will only wash my dd's hair in 4 braids, attempting to wash her dense hair in any other way is 'begging for tangles!


Technique:


  1. Loosely braid the hair if its long enough in 4 plaits or you can use hair bands to hold the 4 sections separate.
  2. Apply your shampoo (diluted) to the scalp mainly, not much is needed.  I only use natural products by 'KinkiCoiliCurly' in my dd's hair so their is never any crazy product build-up requiring a heavy shampoo session.
  3. Massage the scalp gently, no nails! then rinse away.  
  4. If the hair itself needs attention then apply a bit of shampoo to the hair directly, squeeze down the plait then rinse away properly.
  5. Follow up with your DEEP Conditioner...this step is even more significant than the hair-washing itself!
Remember- only wash the hair if it has been untangled first!  shampoo and tangled hair = KNOT CENTRAL!


CONDITIONER is a CURL'S BEST FRIEND :)

  next post Deep Conditioning for hair growth!


Please leave your comments/ questions below!  and pass on the blog info to your friends and family!



Blessings,




1 comment:

  1. hi, have you posted your take on how to blow dry our dd's hair yet?

    ReplyDelete